Every morning when I wake up, I have a choice of what is going through my mind. I can stay in bed or I can lift my body out of bed and get up. This is choices which is obvious to everybody. We do it without thinking. Depression and stress can make it more difficult to make these decisions. This cancer causes the mind to let the body make decisions on how you feel and act upon that.
We as Christians have a choice on what our decision will be. We can live in the flesh or the Spirit. Our decision has a effect on the outcome of how our life will be.
Paul wrote in Rom 8:5: "Those who lives as their human nature tells them to, have their minds controlled by what human nature wants. Those who lives as the Spirit tells them to, have their minds controlled by what the Spirit wants."
If I live by my flesh, my decisions is all about me. If I live by the Spirit my decision is what God wants.
I need to choose which part is taking control of my life when I get up in the morning. I pray that you have a glorious day walking in the Spirit with God.
Eph. 1:19 " and how very great is His power at work in us who believe. "
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wynand
This is so true
The moment we loose focus from God, our human nature thrive on feeling sorry for our natural circumstances.
Stand up and face the world through the eyes of God.
Post a Comment