Mar 11:17 He then taught the people: "It is written in the Scriptures that God said, 'My Temple will be called a house of prayer for the people of all nations.' But you have turned it into a hideout for thieves!"
Jesus teachings to teachers in the temple is remarkable. While they are teachers of the word, Jesus teach them out of the word. Reality out of the Word. A scripture that puts the house of God in perspective. Jesus told them that they changed the temple and that which the temple stands for.
This was not new to them. They knew that they were doing wrong. It just became more easy as time past. When He walked into the temple, He had to change the temple back into a place of worship.
Jas 1:21 "So get rid of every filthy habit and all wicked conduct. Submit to God and accept the word that he plants in your hearts, which is able to save you."
In James I find another cleansing period, this time the temple of our souls. The scripture hear talks about accepting God's word in our lives. As we see Jesus quoting the Word and the power and victory that comes from pronouncing God's word, I realize that is why the word and Holy Spirit was left to us.
Having a bad week, where everything seems to happen to your life and there don't seem to be answers. I turn to God's Word and find all the questions I had, was already answered in the Word of God. Now I need to accept what God already gave me and practice the principles.
Heb 6:5 "they knew from experience that God's word is good, and they had felt the powers of the coming age. "
To know by experience means that they tried it and knew that it was good. As I need God in my life, I realized that cleansing into faith builds a place of worship and understanding with God.
Luk 11:28 But Jesus answered, "Rather, how happy are those who hear the word of God and obey it!"
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment