This scripture comes up quite a lot when I read the Bible.
Psalm 19:8 : " The laws of the Lord are right and those who obey them are happy. The commands of the Lord are just and give understanding to the mind."
In Psalm 34:8 " Find out for yourself how good the Lord is. Happy are those who find safety with Him."
This is a challenge David put to us as believers. Find out for yourself. If you things in your life that you are not happy about, you should give the things that make you unhappy to God. By doing that you will find out for yourself how good the Lord is. The book of Psalms are full of guidelines on how to be happy. It also have reasons why you could be unhappy.
When I move out of my mental, logical way of seeing things and into God's will, I will find peace and happiness. Thus, stop to reason about everything and trust God.
In Matt.5:6 Jesus said: " Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires; God will satisfy them fully!"
Here we get assurance from Jesus, that when you do God's will, you will be Fully satisfied. Not that we will have some satisfaction, but that our satisfaction will be full. Full means there is no more space left. We will long no more.
To find happiness and peace in your life, you must trust God to be capable to do miracles in all areas in your life. Jesus said in Matt 11:6 and in Luk 7:23 :"How happy are those who have no doubts about me!"
What a wonderful place to be in. No doubts on what Jesus did and will keep doing in our life's. I am walking day by day in trusting God. There is no plan B I can fall back on. Plan A is Jesus and that is all I need.
My prayer today is:
Father I need your joy, peace and happiness in my life. May all my doubts disappear in my knowledge of You and the fact that You never failed me yet. I trust You Lord and my faith is in You.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment