Monday, March 24, 2008

Knowing God's will. (1)

Php 3:10 All I want is to know Christ and to experience the power of his resurrection, to share in his sufferings and become like him in his death,

As things change around me and I feel lost not knowing what is God's will and what not, I turn back to the Word for answers. Paul wrote that all he wants is to know Christ. I long as Paul did. I need to know God everyday in my life. As I listen to people around me and I see how they seek to know God's will and how they hope that they are in God's will, it is strange that those who do not seek for a relationship with God is those with the joy.

Col 3:1 You have been raised to life with Christ, so set your hearts on the things that are in heaven, where Christ sits on his throne at the right side of God.

Col 3:2 Keep your minds fixed on things there, not on things here on earth.

Col 3:3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Col 3:4 Your real life is Christ and when he appears, then you too will appear with him and share his glory!

The questions I ask myself is where my heart is and where my blessing in God is. Again Paul wrote that we should put our hearts on the things that are in heaven. I lost a lot of God's will in my life through dumb decisions I made. Sinful decisions affected my life in a way I could not comprehend. When looking at pictures of my children, I see years lost in their life's which I was never part of. These are years I can never get back and can never change.

As easter weekend comes to a close and we reflected on the death and resurrection of Jesus, I realize that yet another year came where God sent us a invite to be part of this forgiveness and resurrection in hope and life.

I know God's will is for me to accept His death on the cross as a offering into life.
I know God's will is for me to accept I made mistakes but he forgave me.

No comments: