Mat 27:46 At about three o'clock Jesus cried out with a loud shout, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" which means, "My God, my God, why did you abandon me?"
Going to church on this easter Friday, was again a very good experience to me. It was good to see the church nice and full. Not being a member at the church was nice as well, because I was expecting nothing. The message went on the darkness that fell on earth and some peoples fear of the dark.
With me not scared of the dark, something else out of the scriptures spoke to my heart. When Jesus felt so alone on the cross, that He felt abandoned by His Father. With the worlds sin on Him as sacrifice, there came a moment when He felt totally alone. Darkness covered the earth for three hours.
This scripture made me realize the prize Jesus paid for me and you. How often in this last month I felt totally alone. As security structures collapse around me and so called safety nets fold, I once again turn to Matthew 27. We are living in a world that are crucifying the Word of God day by day. It becomes normal to look for a logical answer instead of using faith. We know there are some things only God can change. Only His presence can fill loneliness and make us feel belong.
Mat 27:22 "What, then, shall I do with Jesus called the Messiah?" Pilate asked them. "Crucify him!" they all answered.
I need to live the Jesus that died so that I could live. Very often I crucify Jesus through my action, when people ask what Jesus the Messiah can do for them. Every day I confront decisions I need to make. Everyday Jesus waits for me to include Him in my decisions.
Through His loneliness on the cross, I need never be alone again.
I thank God for knowing Him as my Saviour and that I never need to be alone again, because He paid the price for me today 2000 years ago.
Jas 1:5 "But if any of you lack wisdom, you should pray to God, who will give it to you; because God gives generously and graciously to all."
Friday, March 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment